Category Archives: Sailors with Disablities
The CYC has adopted a smoke free policy.. Please pass the word.
- Cigarettes and other tobacco products will not be sold, including from vending machines, at any time at or by the club.
- Coaches, players, officials and volunteers will refrain from smoking while involved in an official capacity for the club, on and off the field.
- No images of club volunteers, members, officials, coaches and players smoking at club-related activities are to be placed on social media.
SMOKE FREE AREAS
The CAIRNS YACHT CLUB requires the following areas of the club’s MARINA POINT BOATSHED to be smoke free:
- All indoor areas
- All outdoor training areas
- All canteen, catering and eating and drinking areas
Smoke free areas will be signed (where possible) and promoted in club materials. A designated smoking permitted area is located OVER THE ROAD FROM THE BOATSHED
- Club functions, including social and fundraising events and meetings, held at club facilities are to be smoke free.
- Club functions, including social and fundraising events and meetings, held away from club facilities are to be smoke free wherever possible.
- If provided, smokers may only smoke at outdoor designated smoking areas and are to dispose of cigarette butts safely before entering facilities.
A full copy of the policy is linked below gs-smoke-free-policy-QLD-20160818-1
As you would all be aware for each of the CYC events it is requirement of all boat skippers/ owners and crew to operate under the CYC Safety Management Plan and inline with the Approved Aquatic Licence.
The plan is to conduct a MANDATORY ALL SKIPPERS BRIEFING in the near future but to ensure that you are aware of the clubs obligations I have now included the relevant document on the website which can be accessed by following the links below: The Aquatic Licence approval and key requirements are be put up in the boatshed soon or can be accessed by emailing the office
Like your shirts cool & your beer cold? Then what are you waiting for?
CYC T Shirts in White for $40 & Polo Shirts in 5 great colors for $60
Stubby Coolers featuring Multihulls, Keelboats, Sailabilty, Dinghies & Off the Beach Cats
…..they’re cool, they’re colorful & your beer will be cold…..Only $6 so grab a few and share them with your mates or keep them on board & boast how famous you are!
CAIRNS YACHT CLUB
Raffle Winners Drawn 24 June 2016.
Ticket Number Name/Contact Prize (For two People)
0444 Bruce Mc Gill Wavedancer to Low Isles
0413 Matthew Mc Mill Quicksilver to Agincourt Reef
1060 Janet Kussrow Great Adventures to Green Is
0029 Juul Rainforestation & Butterfly Sanctuary
0999 Rosco Skyrail
No Bookseller prize as first draw book undersold (9)
Sailors with a disability are now called Sailability Cairns and the facebook page is named the same. Anyone can join…. Just view the Facebook page and ask to join.
The program provides opportunities for people with a disability to discover sailing as recreation, or as a competition outlet and skills development program. Volunteers also learn a range of skills to support the program.
Sailors and volunteers are asked to join the group and check in on the designated training days, so appropriate arrangements will be in place before we begin (generally at 3.00 pm.), on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week..
All participants and volunteers are reminded that this is an alcohol and Drug free program for the duration of each event