Welcome to our Executive Committee for 2016-17:-
Commodore – John Pool
Rear Commodore – Neil Robson
Vice Commodore – Kerry Dent
Treasurer – Pamela Mills
Secretary – Lyn Gates
Committee Members – Hew Mills, Kevin Spies & Justin Van Stom
Fleet Captains:- Yacht – Bill Munro, Dinghy – Scott Davis,
Ellis Beach – Rhys Hattin, Sailability – Andy Murray
Membership fees for 2016/17 are due 1st July and your renewal form is attached.
Benefits to all Full, Family, Sailability Cairns, Country and Life Members include…
- Full voting rights
- Card access to our (very limited) parking area for those who are actively contributing to regular club sailing events (some restrictions apply under our By-laws, card fee is $50)
- Pick-up and set down access to the Club pontoon as well as overnight stays at a special rate (prior booking is essential)
- Tender storage on the inside of the Club pontoon (annual fee is $150)
- Special food and beverage discounts at Salt House Bar and Restaurant (Membership card must be produced)
- Special discounts at all Rydges Hotels in Australia and New Zealand (Membership card must be produced)
All parking cards will need to be re-issued after June 30th this year, to ensure this privilege remains in the hands of the then current CYC Members.
Please remember to visit the Club’s developing Ellis Beach facility during weekend racing.
Our affiliation with Australian Sailing (formerly Yachting Queensland) is again secure for 2016/17. CYC’s support of Local, National and International sailing remains a high priority!
The AGM is scheduled for the 27th of AUGUST at 2pm. The positions of Rear Commodore & Vice Commodore are available, Gordon has advised he will be stepping down this year, having put in many years of effort. I thank him, from myself and on behalf of the CYC members, for his tireless support and contribution to the club going forward.
I’m happy to run again, of course that’s up to the members, so if you want to contribute in a positive way going forward please nominate soon so it can be voted on at the AGM.
Thank you for your continued support.
The outcomes of the AGM are as follows:
Commodore John Pool
Rear Commodore Gordo Raleigh
Vice Commodore Rod Mitchell
Treasurer Pam Mills
Secretary Lyn Gates
Committee Members Janet K, Adam B, Mark L
Dinghy Fleet Captain Scott Davis
Yacht Fleet Captain Bill Munro
Ellis Beach Fleet Captain Rhys Hattin
Please get to know your fleet officers…..
Notice to all members. The AGM will be held on the 29th of August at 10am in the Regatta Room.
If you are interested in nomination for any of the positions please complete the attached form
CYC NOMINATION FORM
Nominations shall be lodged with the Secretary no later than 6pm: Sunday 16th August, 2015 please contact the CYC office for further information