With the popularity of the CYC Dinghy Learn to sail course on the increase we have decided to open registration for the course early.The course will be held on Saturdays from 8.30am on 2pm,
The program which will go for 4 weeks and is designed to teach all the key skills required to sail a small sailing vessel safely.
Great fun for all the family. for more information please contact the office on email@example.com
Fees of $200 / student for the full course or if you are a family group please contact the office
TO REGISTER FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW
check out the following link on having fun sailing
||Your Discover Sailing journey starts here as you learn and master the fundamental skills of sailing and are introduced to the fun of dinghy sailing in a safe and supportive environment..
||This will allow participants the freedom of sailing dinghies with the guidance of a Yachting Australia dinghy instructor
||Water confidentStinger and sun protection clothing is essential
8 years old
|Who should do this course?
||This course is recommended to anyone wishing to learn to sail an off the beach sailing dinghy. Continue along the pathway to achieve your Better Sailing and Racing certificates.
The CYC has adopted a smoke free policy.. Please pass the word.
- Cigarettes and other tobacco products will not be sold, including from vending machines, at any time at or by the club.
- Coaches, players, officials and volunteers will refrain from smoking while involved in an official capacity for the club, on and off the field.
- No images of club volunteers, members, officials, coaches and players smoking at club-related activities are to be placed on social media.
SMOKE FREE AREAS
The CAIRNS YACHT CLUB requires the following areas of the club’s MARINA POINT BOATSHED to be smoke free:
- All indoor areas
- All outdoor training areas
- All canteen, catering and eating and drinking areas
Smoke free areas will be signed (where possible) and promoted in club materials. A designated smoking permitted area is located OVER THE ROAD FROM THE BOATSHED
- Club functions, including social and fundraising events and meetings, held at club facilities are to be smoke free.
- Club functions, including social and fundraising events and meetings, held away from club facilities are to be smoke free wherever possible.
- If provided, smokers may only smoke at outdoor designated smoking areas and are to dispose of cigarette butts safely before entering facilities.
A full copy of the policy is linked below gs-smoke-free-policy-QLD-20160818-1
The CYC welcomes all regional school to Cairns Boatshed for the 2nd round of NQ School Team Sailing.
Great spectator viewing is available on the Northern Arm of the Marlin Marine
See you all on Sunday
5th of March – at 8.00AM
Don’t forget Breakfast is available at the SALTHOUSE – Ask for Yves when you pop in there..
Many thanks to all our sponsors
On the 1st of April 2017 commencing at 8.30am we will be inviting members of the public to come and try sailing.
If you are interested in attending to try sailing on dinghies register here:
If you are interested in try sailing on Yachts Register here:
If you are interested in try sailing on our Sailability Vessels register here:
for more information or to volunteer on the day please contact Andy (SWD) , Neil (Yachts) or Scott (dinghies)
Due to changes in the EMC, the date for the Sailing Committee has been changes to the first Tuesday of the Month – The next meeting will be held on the 10th of Jan 2017 and in Feb will revert to the second Tuesday of the Month..5.30pm in the Regatta Room. Please forward all items for discussion to Scott prior to the meeting
Membership fees for 2016/17 are due 1st July and your renewal form is attached.
Benefits to all Full, Family, Sailability Cairns, Country and Life Members include…
- Full voting rights
- Card access to our (very limited) parking area for those who are actively contributing to regular club sailing events (some restrictions apply under our By-laws, card fee is $50)
- Pick-up and set down access to the Club pontoon as well as overnight stays at a special rate (prior booking is essential)
- Tender storage on the inside of the Club pontoon (annual fee is $150)
- Special food and beverage discounts at Salt House Bar and Restaurant (Membership card must be produced)
- Special discounts at all Rydges Hotels in Australia and New Zealand (Membership card must be produced)
All parking cards will need to be re-issued after June 30th this year, to ensure this privilege remains in the hands of the then current CYC Members.
Please remember to visit the Club’s developing Ellis Beach facility during weekend racing.
Our affiliation with Australian Sailing (formerly Yachting Queensland) is again secure for 2016/17. CYC’s support of Local, National and International sailing remains a high priority!
The AGM is scheduled for the 27th of AUGUST at 2pm. The positions of Rear Commodore & Vice Commodore are available, Gordon has advised he will be stepping down this year, having put in many years of effort. I thank him, from myself and on behalf of the CYC members, for his tireless support and contribution to the club going forward.
I’m happy to run again, of course that’s up to the members, so if you want to contribute in a positive way going forward please nominate soon so it can be voted on at the AGM.
Thank you for your continued support.