With the popularity of the CYC Dinghy Learn to sail course on the increase we have decided to open registration for the course early.The course will be held on Saturdays from 8.30am on 2pm,
The program which will go for 4 weeks and is designed to teach all the key skills required to sail a small sailing vessel safely.
Great fun for all the family. for more information please contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees of $200 / student for the full course or if you are a family group please contact the office
TO REGISTER FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW
check out the following link on having fun sailing
||Your Discover Sailing journey starts here as you learn and master the fundamental skills of sailing and are introduced to the fun of dinghy sailing in a safe and supportive environment..
||This will allow participants the freedom of sailing dinghies with the guidance of a Yachting Australia dinghy instructor
||Water confident Stinger and sun protection clothing is essential
7 years old
|Who should do this course?
||This course is recommended to anyone wishing to learn to sail an off the beach sailing dinghy. Continue along the pathway to achieve your Better Sailing and Racing certificates.
On the 18th of Feb 2018 commencing at 8.30am we will be inviting members of the public to come and try sailing.
a free community event which allows all member of the family to get out on the inlet, on Sailing boats of all size to promote the social, community and competitive sides of our sport.
If you are interested in try sailing on dinghies register by following the link
If you are interested in try sailing on Yachts Register by following the link
If you are interested in try sailing on our Sailability Vessels register by following the link
For more information or to volunteer on the day please contact Andy (SWD) , Neil (Yachts) or Scott (dinghies)
Updated Nomination form for all racing
2017 NOMINATION FORM
The CYC has adopted a smoke free policy.. Please pass the word.
- Cigarettes and other tobacco products will not be sold, including from vending machines, at any time at or by the club.
- Coaches, players, officials and volunteers will refrain from smoking while involved in an official capacity for the club, on and off the field.
- No images of club volunteers, members, officials, coaches and players smoking at club-related activities are to be placed on social media.
SMOKE FREE AREAS
The CAIRNS YACHT CLUB requires the following areas of the club’s MARINA POINT BOATSHED to be smoke free:
- All indoor areas
- All outdoor training areas
- All canteen, catering and eating and drinking areas
Smoke free areas will be signed (where possible) and promoted in club materials. A designated smoking permitted area is located OVER THE ROAD FROM THE BOATSHED
- Club functions, including social and fundraising events and meetings, held at club facilities are to be smoke free.
- Club functions, including social and fundraising events and meetings, held away from club facilities are to be smoke free wherever possible.
- If provided, smokers may only smoke at outdoor designated smoking areas and are to dispose of cigarette butts safely before entering facilities.
A full copy of the policy is linked below gs-smoke-free-policy-QLD-20160818-1
The CYC welcomes all regional school to Cairns Boatshed for the 2nd round of NQ School Team Sailing.
Great spectator viewing is available on the Northern Arm of the Marlin Marine
See you all on Sunday
5th of March – at 8.00AM
Don’t forget Breakfast is available at the SALTHOUSE – Ask for Yves when you pop in there..
Many thanks to all our sponsors
On the 1st of April 2017 commencing at 8.30am we will be inviting members of the public to come and try sailing.
If you are interested in attending to try sailing on dinghies register here:
If you are interested in try sailing on Yachts Register here:
If you are interested in try sailing on our Sailability Vessels register here:
for more information or to volunteer on the day please contact Andy (SWD) , Neil (Yachts) or Scott (dinghies)