CYC SMOKE FREE POLICY
The CYC has adopted a smoke free policy.. Please pass the word.
- Cigarettes and other tobacco products will not be sold, including from vending machines, at any time at or by the club.
- Coaches, players, officials and volunteers will refrain from smoking while involved in an official capacity for the club, on and off the field.
- No images of club volunteers, members, officials, coaches and players smoking at club-related activities are to be placed on social media.
SMOKE FREE AREAS
The CAIRNS YACHT CLUB requires the following areas of the club’s MARINA POINT BOATSHED to be smoke free:
- All indoor areas
- All outdoor training areas
- All canteen, catering and eating and drinking areas
Smoke free areas will be signed (where possible) and promoted in club materials. A designated smoking permitted area is located OVER THE ROAD FROM THE BOATSHED
- Club functions, including social and fundraising events and meetings, held at club facilities are to be smoke free.
- Club functions, including social and fundraising events and meetings, held away from club facilities are to be smoke free wherever possible.
- If provided, smokers may only smoke at outdoor designated smoking areas and are to dispose of cigarette butts safely before entering facilities.
A full copy of the policy is linked below gs-smoke-free-policy-QLD-20160818-1