CYC Float in the Cairns Festival Parade – Come and get involved
Hello Sailors and Pirates !
It is only a couple of weeks until the parade Saturday August 29. We will have 4 boats confirmed being towed with a possible 2 others. Pirates of the Caribbean Music over stereo and a projected photo display. If Pirate gear isn’t your thing wear a club T shirt. Pirate gear can be any torn shirts ,eye patch, frilly shirts and skirts boots. St Vinnies or Salvos may be worth a look.
For those participants only ,involved with towing boats ,decorating ,lighting ,projecting,or providing sound etc. There will be a dry run to iron out bugs on SUNDAY August 23rd. Meeting 1st at BOATSHED. at 1pm to collect decorations and boats. Then proceed to PICKERS.VYNAL FACTORY CARPARK. CNR BROWN AND MULGRAVE RD at 2PM near DFO.
On Saturday August 29th after the AGM help will be needed to tow the boats and gear to MUNRO MARTIN PARK.(open from 10am).This is where any decorations will be applied to boats and vehicles. It would be good to have this completed by 1.30 pm for those towing or decorating boats
Please be assembled and dressed by 3pm at MUNRO MARTIN PARK where the parade will depart at 3.30 pm in Minnie ST.( A water bottle could be wise).We are toward the end of the parade so walking pirates can still join in up to 5 pm
- All boats must be securely strapped to trailers.
- No solid booms just ropes.
- Maximum height overall is 4.2 metres. Car + boat 19 mtr.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by a parent or older sibling.
- Parents must meet children at the end of the parade at Spence Street Foggarty Park area.
- If you have young children we would love some baby pirates.
- Our aim is to attract children to sailing so lets show a family theme.
- Help will be needed at the end of the parade to remove decorations and take boats to the boat shed.
Don’t forget to join us for a pirate party at the boat shed after the parade to watch the fireworks, where the bar will be open and sausage sizzle for Gold Coins.This is a great opportunity to showcase our sport so I am expecting good support from all members.
For catering we need an idea of numbers so please email myself firstname.lastname@example.org or CYC office email Cairns Yacht Club email@example.com by the end of next week (14th of August) would be good.
See you at the parade
Janet Kussrow 0422157515
Gordo Raleigh 0411524262
August 14-25 when I will be away