CYC Newsletter March 13th 2015
Here is all the news to date:
The Coming Week
· SAGS: Will not be held tomorrow due to extreme weather conditions.
· Dinghy Sailing: The Dinghy Sailing Point Score series is in recess until the 4th of April, 2015.
· FNQ School Team Sailing: The CYC will be hosting the FNQ School Team Sailing event this Sunday – 15th March. Volunteers welcome. See title link for further details.
· Ellis Beach Race Day: Sunday’s race day at Ellis Beach has unfortunately been cancelled due to an event conflict with our School Sailing.
· Sailors with Disabilities: Program continues Tuesday, 17th March and Thursday, 19th March. All sailors with disabilities and volunteers welcome. See title link for further details.
· WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or CYC website for handicaps.
o WAGS courses and course diagrams
· Instructor Training for 2015: “In 2015 the CYC plans to conduct a series of training session in partnership with Yachting Queensland (YQ), the Cairns Cruising Yacht Squadron (CCYS), and Mission Beach Sailing Club, for Dinghy Instructor Course, Assistant Dinghy Instructor Course, Power Boat Handling, Safety Boat Certification and Race Official Training. This is part of our commitment to building sailing capacity across all fleets and will support our application for re-accreditation as a Discover Sailing Centre. The CYC Executive Committee is currently considering a proposal to reimburse training cost for those member who then in turn offer their skills to the club to run course.” – Scott Davis.
· Dick Cater Series: The Dick Cater Series reschedule dates have been finalised. Race 1 & 2 will be held on the 22nd of March, with second day of races to be held on the 19th of April. There should be so significant changes to the sailing instructions (weather dependent).
· Sail Airlie 2015: Will be held 3rd – 5th April. Click on the following links for more information: NOR Sail Airlie 2015 / Sail airlie Flyer 1
· The Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week: Will be held 24th-29th May, 2015. The Micky Ink Port Douglas Race Week is held over Port Douglas’s Carnivale, so it is a fabulous time to be in Port Douglas, the town comes alive with a plethora of events and of course the regatta is the highlight. Please see title link for Notice of Race.