CYC Newletter 21st March
· Dinghy Sailing: The Dinghy Sailing Point Score series is in recess until the 4th of April, 2015.
· FNQ School Team Sailing: The CYC will be hosting the FNQ School Team Sailing eventagain this Sunday – 22nd March. Volunteers welcome. See title link for further details.
· Sailors with Disabilities: Program continues Tuesday, 24th March and Thursday, 26th March. All sailors with disabilities and volunteers welcome. See title link for further details.
· WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or CYC website for handicaps.
· YQ Membership: If you held this membership prior to renewing your CYC membership for 2014-15, please advise me (via email) of your membership expiry date so I can re-register you under their “My Club” System from that date onwards.
· Instructor Training for 2015: “In 2015 the CYC plans to conduct a series of training session in partnership with Yachting Queensland (YQ), the Cairns Cruising Yacht Squadron (CCYS), and Mission Beach Sailing Club, for Dinghy Instructor Course, Assistant Dinghy Instructor Course, Power Boat Handling, Safety Boat Certification and Race Official Training. This is part of our commitment to building sailing capacity across all fleets and will support our application for re-accreditation as a Discover Sailing Centre. The CYC Executive Committee is currently considering a proposal to reimburse training cost for those member who then in turn offer their skills to the club to run course.” – Scott Davis.
· Dick Cater Series: The Dick Cater Series has been postponed until further notice due to recent uncertainty of this weekend’s weather conditions (caused by possibility of Cyclone Nathan heading further south before crossing coastline).
· The Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week: Will be held 24th-29th May, 2015. The Micky Ink Port Douglas Race Week is held over Port Douglas’s Carnivale, so it is a fabulous time to be in Port Douglas, the town comes alive with a plethora of events and of course the regatta is the highlight. Please see title link for Notice of Race.