Anniversary Regatta Sailing Instructions
Race 1 Sat 15 Nov 1100 hrs
Race 2 Sun 16 Nov 1000 hrs
Race 3 Sun 16 Nov (15 mins Following Race 2)
1 RULES The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2013-2016, and CYC Local Rules shall apply for the duration of this event.
2 NOTICES TO COMPETITORS may be posted on the official notice board located at CYC and on the CYC Yacht Division page.
2.1 CHANGES TO SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
Any change to the sailing instructions will be advised at the briefing at 0830 hrs at CYC Boatshed, or posted on the notice board before 0800hrs on the day it will take effect, except that any change to the schedule of races will be posted by 2000hrs on the day before.
3 NOMINATIONS forms are available from CYC clubrooms or downloaded from the website. Nominations may be lodged in the nominations box located at the CYC Boathouse or by email before 1800hrs Tuesday prior to the event.
4 SCHEDULE OF RACES
|DATES FOR RACING||CLASS||NUMBER OF RACES||START(WARNING SIGNAL)||COURSE|
|Saturday15 Nov 2014||Keelboats and multihulls||Race 1||10.55 Hrs.||Yorkeys Knob Return|
|Sunday16 Nov 20014||Keelboats and multihulls||Race 2||0955 hrs||Bay|
|Sunday16 Nov 2014||Keelboats and multihulls||Race 3||Fifteen minutes after the last yacht has completed the first race||B|
4.1 Briefing : 1000 hrs at the boatshed on Sat 15 Nov.
5 CLASS FLAGS
Both Class flags will be required to signal the 5 minute warning
6 RACING AREAS : Trinity Bay
7 THE COURSE – (Race 1) CYC Start – C# 9 (P) – Yorkeys Knob Port Channel Marker (S) – C# 5 (S) – Finish….. 2 laps (all marks to Starboard)
– (Race 2) Windward – Leeward. CYC Start – C#4 (S) – Windward mark (P) – Leeward Mark (P) – Finish
– (Race 3) Windward – Leeward. Start – Windward Mark (P) – Leeward Mark (P) – C#3 (S) – CYC Finish
- Shortened Course: As per Racing Rules of Sailing
8 THE START:
8.1 Race 1 Start Time: 11:00 hrs on 15 Nov.
8.2 The start for Race 1 will be the CYC Start.
- Race 2 Start Time: 1000 hrs
- The start for Race 2 will be a line between the start boat flying CYC Burgee and T2 to its port side. A clearance buoy will be set at the stern of the start boat.
- Race 3 Start time: Fifteen minutes after the last yacht has completed the first race.
- The start for Race 3 will be a line between the start boat flying CYC Burgee and a buoy to its port side. A clearance buoy will be set at the stern of the start boat.
8.5 Races will be started by using rule 26 with warning signal 5 minutes before the start.
9 THE FINISH:
9.1 Race 1 – Finish as per start line.
- Race 2 – Between Start Boat and C#4 (P)
- Race 3 – CYC Finish between the northern end of Sailfish Quay and the port channel marker T2.
(Take own GPS Finish Time – Text to 0411 524 262 ASAP)
10 TIME LIMITS: 1700 hrs
11 PROTESTS AND REQUESTS FOR REDRESS
11.1 Protest forms are available at the race office. Protests shall be delivered there within the protest time limit.
11.2 For each class, the protest time limit is 90 minutes after the last boat has finished the last race of the day.
11.3 Decisions of the protest committee will be final as provided in rule 70.4.
12.1 Participating Yachts shall comply at all times with:
- Transport Operations (Marine Safety) Regulations 2004
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea (COLREGS) 1972
- Cairns Port Procedures Manual
- Cairns Yacht Club – Safety Management Plan
12.2 Participants shall comply with directions issued by the Regional Harbour Master (RHM) Cairns or his delegate.
12.3 Participating Yachts shall comply with Yachting Australia (YA) Special Regulations – Safety Category 6.
12.4 A Yacht withdrawing shall notify the race officer as soon as possible on VHS Channel 72.
13 RADIO COMMUNICATION
13.1 All yachts are required to carry VHF radios as per YA Special Regulations – Category 6.
13.2 All Yachts will call the race officer on channel 72 VHS ten minutes prior to warning signal for Race1 and Race 3 indicating number of crew.
13.3 A boat shall not transmit or receive radio or phone communications not available to all boats during a race.
14 DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in the race entirely at their own risk. See rule 4 – Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party insurance with a minimum cover of $5,000,000 per event or the equivalent